- Before Using: We recommend you soak your new towels in cold water for 24 hours before the first wash. This will help reduce pilling as some fibres may be leftover from the weaving process.
- Keep Towels Together: The secret to long-lasting towels? Wash them with other towels! Avoid velcro and zippers, which can tug and tear delicate terry cloth. Always wash towels of the same colour together. This keeps them looking their best.
- Say No to Fabric Softeners: They might make your towels feel softer temporarily, but they reduce their absorbency in the long run. We want you to stay cosy AND dry!
- Wash with Care: Protect those fluffy fibers by machine-washing your towels between 25-35°C. And here's a pro tip: pause your cycle midway (if possible) to fluff up your towels. More fluff equals more absorbency!
- Don't Overload: Avoid overloading your washing machine, which can cause friction and more fiber shedding. A little breathing room goes a long way!
- Swift Removal: Be quick! As soon as the cycle ends, remove your towels to reduce dampness and wrinkles. Fresh and fluffy is the name of the game.
- Pilling is Normal: Don't fret if you notice some pilling, especially after the first wash. It's perfectly normal. If it really bothers you, some suggest you can reduce it by adding a touch of baking soda or vinegar to your first wash. They work wonders in removing excess fibers!
- Dry with Caution: Be kind to your towels and avoid high dryer temperatures. Opt for a gentle setting, and they'll thank you with their softness and vibrancy.
- Snags Happen: If a loop snags, don't pull it! Simply trim it to keep your towels in tip-top shape.
With these simple tips, you can keep your AmpleFolk towels looking and feeling fantastic, just like you! Enjoy your cosy moments, and remember, we've always got your back...and your front.